All Show-n-Shine information for 2014 is tentative and subject to change. Please check back for the most current updates. Thank you.
Location: Downtown Reno
• 15 daily Best of Show winners will receive a ribbon and invited to return on Saturday, August 10 for Finals.
• The 45 finalists will be staged in the Downtown Reno Ballroom from until 4pm where the top 5 will be selected then sent to Barrett-Jackson Auction for final judging.
• Once judged, they will proceed back downtown Reno and be staged on Virginia St. for the awards presentation during the fireworks display presented by the Silver Legacy Resort Casino.
• 4th runner up: $1,000
• 3rd runner up: $3,000
• 2nd runner up: $6,000
• 1st runner up: $10,00
• Ultimate Best of Show: $20,000 and the first-ever Barrett-Jackson Cup™
• Judging times are 10 am to 3 pm with awards being presented daily at 4 pm from the stage at 4th and Virginia
Grand Sierra Resort’s Classic Cherry Show-n-Shine
• Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 thru Friday, August 1, 2014
• Location: Grand Sierra Resort
• Time: 9am to (must be present for awards at 7pm)
Judging criteria is as follows:
• Selection will be of the five (5) daily best of show cars
• All judged on same aspects
• Judging times are 10 am to 3 pm
• Awards presented nightly at approximately 7 pm from the venue stage. The Grand Sierra Resort will
provide a representative to MC and present the awards.
Ultimate Classic Car Competition Presented by John Ascuaga’s Nugget:
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 thru Friday, August 1, 2014
Location: Victorian Square, Sparks
Time: 9 AM until 4 PM
• Judging days: Tuesday through Friday with the grand prize winner selected on Saturday.
• Judging times will be 10 AM until 3 PM with awards being presented at 6 PM from the entertainment stage on Victorian.
• Judging Categories/Manufactured Brands
• Tuesday: All Other Manufactured Car Brands
• Wednesday: All Chrysler/Mopar Products
• Thursday: All Ford Products
• Friday: All General Motors Products
• Judging Criteria: Each day the top five cars of the specific brand will be selected. In addition to the five one other car will be selected as the Daily Best of Show Brand.
• On Saturday, the winners from the previous 4 days (Daily Best of Show Brand) will be parked in front of the stage on Victorian. Stanchion and chain will be used to rope off the winners so the judges have free access from spectators as they select the “John Ascuaga’s Nugget Ultimate Classic Car” winner.
• Cash and Ribbon awards will be presented daily.
• Daily Cash Prize Awards:
a. Each of the five Runner Ups will receive a ribbon and $100
b. The daily Best of Show Brand will get a trophy and $250
c. The Saturday Ultimate Classic Car will get a trophy and $1,500
John Ascuaga’s Nugget People’s Choice Award:
Date: Saturday, August 2, 2014
Location: John Ascuaga’s Nugget
Time: 10 am to 3 pm.
• In order to vote in this award category it will be necessary to go to the John’s Club Booth to pick up the judging entry ballot. Ballots will then be turned back into the John’s Club Booth then picked up throughout the day by Hot August Nights for tabulation.
• This simply is a beauty contest and will be open to anyone 21 years of age and older who attends Hot August Nights. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will win a $500.00 Nugget Gift Certificate and a ribbon.
John Ascuaga’s Nugget Stock Competition:
Date: Friday, August 1, 2014
Location: Sparks Victorian Square venue
• To participate you must be a Hot August Nights 2013 registered car participant.
• There is no additional registration fee for entry into the “Best Stock Original” and “Best Stock Restored”
• Participants will receive a separate window sticker in their primary registration packet. Window sticker is to be displayed above their HAN registration sticker.
• Awards will be presented at 6 PM from the entertainment stage on Victorian Avenue.
• Prizes will be a trophy and $500 per each of the above two categories.
For Best Stock Restored and Best Stock Original criteria please click here.
Under 21 Show-n-Shine:
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Location: Summit Racing Equipment – 960 E. Glendale Ave., Sparks
Time: 4pm to 8pm
• Judging from 5pm to 7pm
• Free to all 2013 registered Hot August Nights car participants. Non registered is a entrance fee of $20.00
• Open for ages 16 to 21 years
• Best of Show – Trophy and Summit Racing Equipment Gift Card
• 2nd place - Trophy and Summit Racing Equipment Gift Card
• 3rd place - Trophy and Summit Racing Equipment Gift Card
• Work in Progress - Trophy and Summit Racing Equipment Gift Card